LuboX

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ROM] Adlxmod 0.4 -Cupcake / Motoblur / Radio: 1.3.18 & 1.4.8

ZduneX25
    ZduneX25
    Ex-Staff
    Ex-Staff

Celulares : LG GT540

[ROM] Adlxmod 0.4 -Cupcake / Motoblur / Radio: 1.3.18 & 1.4.8 Empty [ROM] Adlxmod 0.4 -Cupcake / Motoblur / Radio: 1.3.18 & 1.4.8

Post by ZduneX25 Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 am

Announcement: adlxmod 0.4 has been released. Until I update this post, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of this thread for changelog and download links.

After trying out several Roms, I came back to Handler 1.3, for it's stability and rapidity, and because it's a bug free rom. Thanks to the help of HandlerExploit, Kb7sqi, J_rrod and other devs, + reading M3,... I've started to modify the Rom litle by litle, and as some people requested me to publish it, here it is, with the agreement of HandlerExploit (thanks and credits!).

This is Rom is calledadlxmod, and is based off Handler 1.3.1 Rom as a starting point.

The Rom is based on Cupcake (Android 1.5) and Motoblur 1.3.18, so it's nothing fancy like Eclair2Cliq, sorry, but it's fast and stable (I've been using it for months), it also gives a very good battery life, 3D is working and also FM Radio ported from CliqXT builds (thanks J_r0dd)!

The build is compatible with 1.3.18 and 1.4.8 radios (I'm myself using it with 1.3.18 radio). If you try it with a previous radio, you'll probably travel back to 1969/1970, which you probably don't want ;-). It's also the first ROM that is available with both qwerty AND azerty hardware support :-) (see instructions below).

The build doesn't include neither recovery.img nor radio.img (so in clear, it won't upgrade or change your radio/baseband). Anyway, I don't need to remind you that you should be careful with what you do with your phone.

How to flash:

(0) Download ROM file adlxmod-0.3-signed.zip to your sdcard root folder.
    (0.1) Only if you have an azerty physical keyboard, download also adlxmod-azerty-patch-signed.zip to the root of your sdcard
    (1) Do a nandroid backup of your phone
    (2) Unless you come from Handler 1.3/1.3.1, you probably need to WIPE
    (3) Apply adlxmod-0.3-signed.zip
    (3.1) Only if you have an azerty physical keyboard, apply then adlxmod-0.3-azerty-patch-signed.zip
    (4) Reboot (obviously, unless you like staying in the recovery Razz )

adlxmod 0.4 has been released. Until I update this main post, please see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of this thread for changelog and bew download links.

Download links:

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (67.0 Mb, 76bbe1295edc46a9e53eeeee79812396)
    - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2.45 Mb, a495cfb5c7114103333ead382d43daf3

Be sure to verify the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Better download using Firefox, as some users have had trouble using Safari and Chrome.

Changelog:

* adlxmod 0.3 (Here are the changes I made to the original Handler 1.3.1 rom)

Custom kernel, build from Motorola Cliq 1.4.8 sources, with the following changes compared to a stock kernel:

* Default CPU Governor set to Ondemand to increases battery life,
    * tuned lowmemorykiller thresholds, to have more free mem (and increase overall responsiveness)
    * tun/tap driver (for VPN)
    * wifi and bluetooth tethering support

Added system tools:

* sqlite3, tcpdump, strace, iptables
    * busybox links installed to /system/xbin

Modified system files:

* default.prop & build.prop: I've applied some tweaks to both files (more info [URL="http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529424"]here[/URL])
    * /etc/hosts: modified this file to filter most Ads IP address, to avoid getting bugged by ads while running Ads supported free apps and while browsing.

Added Apps:

* Radio FM (apk and libs are from CliqXT roms)
    * Updated Superuser/su to 2.1
    * Titanium Backup (uninstalable), to ease app&data restoring after wipe

Removed Apps:

* BlurUpdater and Upgrader (to avoid OTA notification popups)
    * NetworkAddressBook
    * SimManager
    * MyAlbum
    * VisualVoicemail
    * SelfHelp
    * IM
    * Calculator (as I don't use it, I prefer RealCalc Scientific Calculator from Market)
    * MyFaves

Look & Feel changes:

* Some Eclair 2g/3g traffic arrows, sync arrows, network bars,
    * Notification bar background (background transparent when you pull down the noification handler, the handler itself is changed)
    * Bootscreen is still HandlerExploit's one

Wish & Todo list:

* Fully Deodexed release - 0.4
    * Optimize png in apks - 0.4
    * Port Flash lite from CliqXT builds
    * Find a way to make it work for 1.1.x radio (Mex, Latam,...) - 0.4 (beta)
    * Change bootscreen

Credits to adlx

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:50 pm