LuboX

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MILESTONE] Backup & Restore Motorola

ZduneX25
    ZduneX25
    Ex-Staff
    Ex-Staff

Celulares : LG GT540

[MILESTONE] Backup & Restore Motorola Empty [MILESTONE] Backup & Restore Motorola

Post by ZduneX25 Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:39 am

Since various people asked for nandroid backups i thought i would start a thread to host them.

if you want to share a backup, just link it, I'll collect all the links in this post.

If you post a backup, be sure to include only boot, bpsw, recovery and system if you don't want to have all your contacts, messages, settings etc on the web.

How to make a backup with only boot, bpsw, cust, recovery and system
    • copy the latest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to your sd card
    • Reboot your phone into recovery and apply the update.zip
    • connect via ADB and execute

Code:
      nandroid-mobile.sh --backup --nodata --nocache --nomisc

• When it asks for a prefix, choose something usefull - i used '2.0-DACH' for mine
    • Reboot into Android again and upload the backup you just made (by zipping the whole folder)
    • The zip file you upload should be named like the nandroid folder ("<prefix>-BbcRS-<date>-<time>") and have the "<prefix>-BbcRS-<date>-<time>" folder at it's root
    • When you post your backup please include your Firmware Configuration Version, the Build number and if the phone is rooted. Also, if you've done anything to your /system (adding ringtones, patching the market with "market enabler", etc, please post it. Also, if there's any other possibility, don't upload your backup on rapidshare. It's near to impossible to get a file from RS if you're not a premium member.

How to restore a backup

• backup your data with a backup app
    • download the backup you want to restore and extract it's content into /sdcard/nandroid/console=ttyS2,115200n8
    • copy the latest ADBRecovery to your sd card
    • Reboot your phone into recovery
    • apply the update.zip
    • connect via ADB and execute

Code:
      nandroid-mobile.sh --restore

• choose the backup you downloaded
    • Reboot after nandroid successfully restored.

If you run into issues here (force closes etc.):
    • reboot into recovery again
    • choose to erase /data (factory reset) and confirm
    • reboot into android

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm