LuboX

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[Guide] How to apply your own custom icons

ZduneX25
    ZduneX25
    Ex-Staff
    Ex-Staff

Celulares : LG GT540

[Guide] How to apply your own custom icons Empty [Guide] How to apply your own custom icons

Post by ZduneX25 Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:09 am

I am very well aware that a lot of people on this forum know how to do this, and some a lot probabIy know how to create their own icon images from scratch. However I figured I'd post this guide for people like me who don't necessarily have the time or proper software to create icon images worth looking at haha. 8 come across a lot of people unsatisfied with available icons on the Android market, so for those who don't already know how to make their own icons, I'm going to provide a simple tutorial, because I know how important icons are to the personal appearance of your phone! Also, icon packs take up a decent amount of internal storage, and this will allow you to get rid of them and free up some memory!

(To protect myself: In this post, when I say things like "create" or "make" your own icons, what I'm really referring to is finding icon images on the internet or from clipart. Of course never pass anyone else,s work along as your own!!)

1. First of all you must have "Bettercut" or a home replacement that allows for the changing of INDIVIDUAL icons (not just icon packs) - i.e. Pandahome/Pandahome2, GDE, etc.

2. Now, let's say you want an icon for Facebook. Go to Google Image search. before typing anything click on "advanced image search" to the right of the search bar.

3. Before you type in your search here, scroll down to "exact size" and make it 48x48. Then go down to "filetypes" and choose "PNG files".

4. Once you do that, scroll back to the top and type in "Facebook" or "Facebook icon". And I'm sure youll get plenty of results. Obviously this will also work for obscure icons. Like lets say you want to have a generic envelope icon for your texting application, just type in search queries like "envelope, sms, messaging, etc." And always remember, you can always throw "icon" at the end of your search query to see if it brings up more choices.

5. Once you have found the one you like, right click on the picture (make sure you are viewing it fullsize, not thumbnail) and save it to wherever youd like on your computer.

6. Once you have it saved, plug for phone into your computer via the USB, and turn on the USB option to transfer files.

7. Click and drag the file/s to you SD card and put them wherever youd like.

8. Now turn off the USB drive on your phone. And apply the icon! Personally I use Bettercut, but however youre doing (whether through Bettercut or a homereplacement), once you choose the app you want to change the icon for, somewhere along the line it will prompt and ask you if you want to use an icon from an icon pack, or if you want to use a picture from your phone. Obviously you choose to use a picture from your phone. Then just locate the file you saved and apply it!!!

Hope this helps!

Credits to TopShelf10

Last edited by ZduneX25 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Otrebor
    Otrebor
    Forum Owner
    Forum Owner

[Guide] How to apply your own custom icons Empty Re: [Guide] How to apply your own custom icons

Post by Otrebor Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 am

Thanks!! +1

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:20 pm